How to use Debit / ATM Card for Online Trasactions
Things to note down from the front.
Let's make a transaction
- Download FreeCharge app from here and install it. Freecharge on Playstore | Freecharge on App Store | Freecharge on Windows Phone Store
- Sign-up, use your phone number and email address to complete the sign-up process.
- Now proceed to do a recharge of your mobile phone, DTH, or pay postpaid by. Choose the option from "New Payment" section.
- Enter your phone number / DTH number, or customer ID depending on what kind of payment you are making. And proceed to the next screen, which will ask you to select an amount.
- After you select an amount you are presented with the options to pay and enter Promo code (we have a promo code for new users, so you get Rs. 50 back on your first transaction!)
- This is the screen you will get, it is pretty straightforward but still for your convenience here's a visual representation of what you will see and what do you need to fill in.
1. Choose "Debit/Credit"
2. Optional. For Rs. 50 cashback on transaction of over Rs. 150, enter the code R8R1DQN in the "Promo Code" field. Note that only the first recharge is eligible. So make sure you make a transaction of over Rs. 150 for cashback.
3. Enter your card details. The sixteen digit debit card number, valid thru date and finally the CVV.
- Once you have entered all the details correctly proceed to pay the amount. Now depending on your bank, it will take you to a payment page. There you have to enter the details it will ask. In most cases you will receive an OTP on your registered phone number that you have to enter in the payments page for the payment to be made by the bank from your account.
- The previous part is different based on the debit card service and the bank, but it is easy, all you need is the details of your bank account. This is mostly one time, but, payments through debit card online will generally need OTP from your phone i.e whenever you are making a payment, the bank will send you a code that you have to enter to make sure it is you making the payment.